Haunt Forum banner

Horror that inspires your haunt

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Petronilla 
#1 ·
Are there particular films or stories that directly influence or ones that you adapt to your haunt? Or characters that you enjoy as a costume for TOT?

I know a lot of haunters are not into horror films or literature, but for those of you who that enjoy the genre (or never did but later have come to admire a film or theme) and incorporate a particular film or theme into your haunt, please share it with us and why you chose to do so.

#2 ·
I like the old stuff the best. I do like the horror comedy. Like The Midnight Hour, Zombie land. I haven't yet added any of this to my haunt. Although I do use the comedy haunt theory. There is no better way to scare someone, then get them laughing and off guard. Then you can really bring them back to earth.

#4 ·
My haunt is directly inspired by stories, although not exactly horror. I am inspired by the classic children's stories, which if you read the original versions (before Disney got their hands on them), they are fairly rooted in the macabre, the dark, and twisted. A lot of people are surpised to learn where their childhood favorites really came from.

#5 ·
I love horror films! I take my visual cues form the classics like Frankenstein (my favorite movie of all time), but more so from the original zombie classics like Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead and even 28 Weeks Later (which turned out to be a great zombie movie!). I have been developing my zombie costume over the past six years, paying special attention to the makeup.

#11 ·
The original Wolfman with Lon Chaney Jr. As I concentrate mostly on out door creepy graveyard haunt props. This movie has the very iconic "foggy forest" scenes that are great. I also love the "crispness" of the movie. ( Hubby says its the lenses and type of film they used.) All of the details go together great to create the atmosphere. The same goes for most of the old Vincent Price Movies also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.