Haunt Forum banner

La llorona (The Weeping Woman)

3K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  blueikaos 
#1 ·
Growing up in New Mexico, I heard the tale of La llorona (ie the Weeping Woman) many times. If you don't know the story, it is basically about a woman who is condemned to wander the Earth forever after drowning her children.

Granted my figure doesn't have eyes, but she definitely brought to mind the story very vividly when I pictured her.

She is built around an expanding foam torso that was a challenge to get to set. Never ever think that expanding foam will harden without it being exposed to air. I will never ever keep shooting foam into an enclosed space again...too much goop to even begin thinking about again. I will share the details on how I made it if you are really curious about it.

The head is built upon a foam head that was basically a discard that I picked up cheap. The hands were purchased from the great people at Ghost Ride Productions. I airbrushed both to match using a soft bluish-gray as a base with a brownish green for highlights and shadowing. The teeth were hand painted to give them an aged and yellowed effect.

The torso is mounted on a single 1 1/4 PVC pipe that is held in an umbrella stand I purchased cheap from Harbor Freight ($14 with the coupon).

The dress was purchased off of eBay. I think I got a good deal, and it really rounds out the whole figure.

I am very pleased with the entire visual effect of the prop. It only took me two years to assemble all the parts, but I think it was worth it.

I hope to get some feedback on what I could have done better...what other techniques I could employ to enhance her.

God I love this season!

Wig Grey Headgear Black hair Cool

See less See more
#2 ·
I think that you did an absolutely wonderful job on this! I, too, tried the an expanding foam torso & know that pain all too well. As for what you could have done better? The showroom is not the place to pick things apart... but it would make a great gift, 'hint hint'...:googly: Just kidding. On a more serious note, you could post more pics of the lovely lady...:D then, perhaps we could get a bit more critical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.