Haunt Forum banner

My first Blucky Corpsification

8K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  Cassie7 
#1 · (Edited)
I took a generic Blucky head and gouged out the eyes and nose cavity to a more realistic size/shape. I also sliced between the teeth (leaving some out) to open the jaw and then did a cut along the back of the head to help the jaw lay open. I used a stencil burner for most of the cuts and then an Xacto knife to clean them up.

Using masking tape, I placed the eyeballs and then stuffed the skull with balls of newspaper to hold them in place. I did a ring of cotton/latex to simulate upper and lower eye lids (helping to hold the eyes in place). The eyes I used, I made myself http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=8842. The blind eye, I did the same way but I used an opaque white color.

Then I Fitted some cotton batting in place to close off the mouth and nose cavities.

Pretty cool so far hehe

See less See more
#2 ·
I whited out the teeth (just a base color, I'm going to airbrush the finished product) and added more latex/cotton to simulate jaw and other muscles.

More images of it at this point...

I still need to do the top and back of the skull and then lay paint but I'm pretty happy with how Blucky is looking so far.

#8 ·
Thanks everybody. Adding eyes and opening the jaw really helps bluckys a lot.

I am planning on doing the rest of the body but I'll probably replace the hands and feet with homemade ones. I've already split the lower leg and arm bones and taped them with masking tape.

I'll add more pics as it comes along.

#17 ·
A stencil burner is kinda like a soldering iron but it's made for burning plastic to make your own stencils. You can buy different tips for it. I mostly use a curved tip. You can get them at any craft store like Michaels or AC Moore.

I use it a lot on bluckys when I want them in different poses. Some poses require you to put a hole in a different place for the limbs.

#23 ·
i think the blue eye might be to big but maybe it's me. Looks great!
Actually, the eye is the proper size but the problem is that bluckys have square-like bulging eye sockets (kinda boxy). I tried seating the eyes deeper in the sockets and it looked worse. So I settled for the bulging look.

I probably could have done some more carving on the sockets and used cotton/latex to bulk them into a more natural shape but I wanted to see how much I could get away with utilizing minimal carving.

It's still not too shabby looking for a blucky though and in the low light of the grave yard, should do fine :)

It still needs a little paint work. I'm going to airbrush the teeth back to white and use a yellower brown on them I think. I don't like the way they look with the reddish brown.

Also, I think I'll darken down the nasal cavity as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.