Haunt Forum banner

The All-Year Garden Thread!

198K views 2K replies 94 participants last post by  RoxyBlue 
#1 ·
Yup, I Garden... I thought someone started a thread about all the seasons of are year-round gardens that lead us to the Fall harvest...& other seasons harvest...If not Yay! If so, I'm stupid... Whats new?!.. Boot to the Head? OW!

Post Here then, I'll do it... Pics please & Info & help!

#64 · (Edited)
Wow Fick your rose shrub is beautiful. Roxy I also love the flowers that are blooming in your yard. We will look back at this thread in the winter and really appreciate our gardens when we are freezing our buns off. Anyway I thought I would post some pictures of the progress I made with my yard and flower/vegetable garden. I have some problems in my yard where the dogs are because the grass doesn't grow in some areas. I plant grass every year, but it doesn't last more than two weeks. So since the Christmas Tree Shop was selling beach signs cheap I thought it would be cool to do a beach theme this year. Instead of growing grass I decided to put sand down where the grass doesn't grow. I also made a walk path that looks like a boardwalk which also gave me the idea.

Anyway here is the before and after pictures:

#65 · (Edited)
I also wanted to post pictures of my corn garden:

Tomato Garden (Unfortunately the last frost killed the seeds I planted for my tomato's, but the plants I bought seem to be doing pretty well):

My Pumpkin Garden:

Also a picture of my patio garden that I did to eliminate the water from the rain piling up in the corner. This garden solved the problem and looks pretty too. :)

#70 ·
Thanks for all the nice comment about my yard. I hate shore traffic and the crowd, so I like to sit in my swing and enjoy my beach getaway. :)
Random it looks like your tomatoes love the hay. They are looking very healthy. I can't wait for the tomatoes to grow, because it cost $1.99 a pound in the store. So basically a pound is maybe one tomato. Oh and I was lucky enough to have BlackCat and Vlad's lettuce from their organic garden. It was delicious! Now I have to find room to grow lettuce. So much to grow, but so little space. :( I will have to tell them about this thread so maybe if they get a chance they can post some pictures of their garden. It is awesome!

#73 ·
Joisey- I absolutely love your beach garden!! Cute dog too!! The raised corner garden is such a pretty solution to the water problem!

Random- The tomatoes look great! I've never heard of haybale gardening, I'll have to look into that!

As soon as I track down the usb cord thingie, I'll post some pictures of my gardens...

#75 ·
Random - I also have never heard of hay bale gardening, but your tomatoes sure seem to like, they look great.

Joisey - that looks like a great solution for your rain water problem. Your tomatoes and corn look to be doing well. I love the boardwalk, but I have to admit, my favorite thing is that cute dog just hanging out relaxing:D

#76 ·
I love the boardwalk, but I have to admit, my favorite thing is that cute dog just hanging out relaxing:D
She is my big bear! She is 100 lbs. of sweetness.... :) Yes she loves the yard also and seem to find a nice shady area on the sand. I was worried about planting too much in the dogs area, but they seem to like the plants to hide and do their buisness behind. :eek:

#78 ·
Sharon your Beach garden turned out great. Love the board walk as well.
Our garden is thriving at the moment with a few interruptions from the chipmunks that have found there way in. We have managed to keep the Deer out with the Deer fencing we put up.
We've been eating Organic veggies from the garden since early May. We have a Mesculin Lettuce crop, loose leaf lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, peas, 3 types of beans, parsley, chives, banana peppers, kale, hot peppers, mustard greens, turnip greens, radishes, tomatoes, basil, lemon balm, chocolate mint, rhubarb and raspberries growing at the moment. We are in the process of reestablishing our Leek bed.
We also have 5 large compost bins going. It's lots of work but well worth the taste in the end. Hopefully I'll get pics up once I find the camera.