Haunt Forum banner

Growing Pumpkins!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RoxyBlue 
#1 ·
I hope. My 4 year old and I planted a few. We have some biggish ones and one gigantic one. Any tips? I've never grown anything except my waistline. I have a drip hose on the mounds and water them about 30 minutes a day.

#2 ·
Hi Hsnopi! I've been known to kill plastic plants, so I don't have any good advice for you, lol! BUT! If you search back through the threads, I know there have been some very wonderful, active threads about growing pumpkins on here that I'm sure are packed with great information and helpful tips. Good luck with the pumpkins!

#3 ·
Here's the 2014 pumpkin growers thread:

http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=39209&highlight=pumpkin+thread

When we grew pumpkins, we didn't use mounds. We did find they needed more water once the fruit began to set, plus the vines take up a whole lot of space. Also, once one of the pumpkins on the vine began to get ahead of the others, size-wise, the rest on the same vine just withered away.

Bees should be able to handle pollination for you, but you can always use a fine paintbrush to help things along by transferring pollen from the male flowers to the female flowers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.