Haunt Forum banner

Unstructured Thoughts - What Are You Thinking Now?

3M views 57K replies 408 participants last post by  RedonitoR 
#1 ·
Please read before deciding there's no reason for you to post a reply.

I really don't post as much at message boards as I used to. And there's a reason for that. I get distracted, very easily. I'm just the kind of person with thoughts that often aren't structured. They just happen. For instance, if I'm worried about something, I usually don't want to discuss it but I'd like to just state it. Black and white, clear as crystal, once and have done with it. Unless of course someone else could or has been able to relate to that thought and wants to add to it. I don't want to start a dozen short posts about abstract thoughts just because when I have them I want to discuss them very much. It would be more sensible to, in a sense, have a graveyard for them where I could bury them as they arise.

This simply would eliminate worthless topics which no one would reply to and there's no worry about this topic getting off-topic because that's how it starts. It's not about establishing a pattern of off-topic topics. But for instance... I'm getting a headache right now, so I'd like to elaborate more on this post later on. But I wanted to try and create a post for random thoughts anyone were to have. In case the person having them really felt like sharing them.

I don't have one right now, but I could spill my guts about a lot of little things to other people that mean something to me.

See less See more
#57,342 ·
Pin drop.

OK this is sad. Someone share something! I'd talk about work but that has to be boring for everyone plus I hate this new company so much I'm afraid of what I might say.

I made beef kabobs tonight (day off). Turned out yummy. I was thinking about it and I can't remember how I got this recipe, they are all about the same but mine is slightly different. I actually looked it up online and nothing. I either got it from my Mother or made it up. Could be a variation of both. Same thing with tuna salad. A million recipes out there but nothing like my Mother's. I've looked out of curiosity.

I'm thinking of adopting a dog.

OK that's it. That's all I have for now.

#57,346 ·
For the first time in my life I forgot about daylight savings time and was late to work. I think part of it was because I didn't see or hear a mention of it anywhere: not at work, not on news sources. Anyway I usually get up a couple of hours early but this time I kept hitting the snooze button and when I finally did get up, had coffee while I checked out the weather...then I saw the time online and it clicked. Ohhhh sh**! I was late and continued to have a seriously really bad day (unrelated to daylight savings time). That I may bring up another time, really upset, but right now I'm mulling things over.

So. My ex nursing supervisor (the one I fought with all those years, but she is an excellent nurse and was so kind when my sister died). We stay in touch, text, talk on the phone. Her Mother used to come here a lot to visit friends or see A. I love her mother, she reminds me of mine, in a lot of ways. I'd give her little gifts for Christmas and she'd give me something back too, even when A and I were at it. I'd call and it would crack me up: she'd say something embarrassing about A, just like my parents did, all parents of adult children probably.

After my horrible day on Sunday I dreamed of A and I hugging, I don't remember why and then she called me Monday morning. Her Mother has had another stroke, she's kind of OK, vague but now needs someone with her 24/7. A knows that we work alternate weekends (different facilities) and her sister is going to be with her Mom on Saturdays and she would like me to be with her Mom on Sundays. I think because we have some sort of relationship, it would be better for her mother. The family definitely can afford private care. I was ready to say yes but then I thought, I don't carry insurance plus worse case scenario what if something happened that I couldn't prevent? I want to help but I don't want to be there if the worst happens. I don't know. Once in a while?

#57,349 ·
I went to lunch with 3 gal pals Thurs and got a dubious honor. One was talking about a man laying in the lobby where she works when she went to work one morning and how everyone just stepped over him. I said did anyone check to see if he was alive. She said not right away but they all agreed they would give me that honor if they ever came upon a body when with me

#57,351 ·
I went to lunch with 3 gal pals Thurs and got a dubious honor. One was talking about a man laying in the lobby where she works when she went to work one morning and how everyone just stepped over him. I said did anyone check to see if he was alive. She said not right away but they all agreed they would give me that honor if they ever came upon a body when with me

OK, made me laugh. :D I agree with Roxy though. Before I got into medical I would have probably yelled "Hey are you alright!!?" and then poked him if he didn't answer. Actually now I would do the same thing and then take his vitals whether he answered or not. Just something I just thought of: a mans deep voice has a better chance to rouse someone from a deep sleep than a woman's.