Haunt Forum banner

The Zombie Thread

15K views 79 replies 50 participants last post by  Johnny Thunder 
#1 ·
:zombie: US 'Zombie party' killings probed

Neighbours said the house was the frequent scene of parties
Police are investigating the fatal shooting of six young revellers at a house party in the US city of Seattle.
They were killed, and two others wounded, when a fellow guest went on a gun rampage before finally killing himself when confronted by police.

They were at a "zombie party", where guests wear make-up to make them look dead, in the city's Capitol Hill area.

Police are baffled as to what sparked the incident, which took place in the early morning as the party wound down.

"We have absolutely no idea what the motive is," Seattle police chief Gil Kerlikowske said. "These appear to be almost execution-style shootings. He expended a large number of rounds inside that house."

Seattle police chief Gil Kerlikowske
The victims were five males and two females, aged from their mid-teens to their 20s, police said.

"It was a zombie party. People had a lot of make-up on," Mr Kerlikowske said. "There was fake blood squirted, and people were made-up to look as if they were dead."

Weapons in truck

The gunman, in his 20s and believed to be a Seattle resident, is reported to have been invited to the house party after attending a "zombie rave" for about 1,000 people, also in Capitol Hill, earlier on Friday night.

As the house party was winding down at 0700 (1500 GMT) on Saturday morning, the killer reportedly left the house and went to his truck, parked nearby to collect a pistol grip shotgun and handgun and to don bandoliers of spare shotgun shells.

As he walked the half block back to the house he paused to spray paint the word "Now" in three spots - twice on the pavement and once on the steps of a neighbour's home, police said.

Once back inside the house he started shooting.

"People inside the house began running and screaming in terror," Mr Kerlikowske said. "A pistol-grip shotgun is a weapon not designed for hunting purposes but for hunting people."

Hiding in bathroom

Having killed two people on the ground floor, he then went upstairs looking for more victims, police said.

He tried to get into a bathroom where two girls were hiding. When the locked door impeded him he fired through the door, but the girls were left unharmed.

The killer spray painted the word 'Now' three times

The gunfire was heard by neighbours and a police officer just a block away, who rushed to the scene.

When the police officer, Steve Leonard, arrived he found one person staggering out of the house with a gunshot wound.

He confronted another man with a shotgun, who turned it on himself after being told several times to put it down, Mr Kerlikowske said.

About 20 party guests were taken to Seattle police headquarters for counselling and questioning, police sergeant Deanna Nollette said.

"This is basically one of the most serious and significant crimes we have had in this city. The number of young people who witnessed what happened is disturbing."

Police said they did not know whether drugs or alcohol were a factor, though Mr Kerlikowske said marijuana and alcohol were found in the house.
:zombie:

See less See more
#8 ·
Zombie walk

Hi all. Here's an article from BBC about a zombie walk in Brisbane. I think every town should have one, so I'll start here. I'll likely be the only zombie, and everyone will just think I'm another tourist who can't hold down my spaghetti.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6515477.stm

Read the last guys comment the bottom about desensitizing the public to zombies...funny stuff

#11 ·
I've seen these Zombie walks all over lately. I'd love to have one here in New Jersey, or even one just within driving distance. I think it would be alot of fun. Hehehe....maybe after our party this year there will be a zombie walk....with all the guests walking back to my house cause they can't drive!

#13 ·
Yeah I thought this was pretty cool as well...Don't think they have them here but maybe I could get a bunch of my buds together and we could do a zombie ride(motorcycles)..that would be funny, now if I can only get them to dress the part

#15 ·
Fish swim in schools, birds fly in flocks, cattle travel in a herd. A group of crows is a murder, and a group of rhinocerii is a crash... what do you call a "herd" of zombies? I was in a thread that brought that up on another forum once... a lot of people voted for a "stench" of zombies, with "stagger" coming in at a tie. My vote was a "lurch". I felt that a stench was a good nickname for a single zombie (I think they used that in Land of the Dead), and maybe a "stagger" would be a very small cluster while a "lurch" is a large group, or vice versa.

So whatcha think? Complete this sentence:
"Holy sh--; there's a ...... of zombies headed down main street!" :zombie:

#17 ·
"Holy sh--; there's a Horde of zombies headed down main street!"

"Holy sh--; there's a Tribe of zombies headed down main street!"

#18 ·
Holy sh--, there's a broohaha of zombies coming down main street!

Holy sh--, there's a cafuffle of zombies coming down main street!

And if you can count with any certainty that there is 144 zombies (plus or minus a limb or two):
Holy sh--, there's a gross of zombies coming down main street!

#20 ·
or how bout this
Holy sh--, there's a bunch of rotton sums of beeches coming down the street!

just thought that was funny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.