Haunt Forum banner

Ideas for my haunted woods

52K views 125 replies 24 participants last post by  Hobz 
#1 ·
Last year, my dad & I decided to do a "Haunted Woods" on the 7 acres we own. It is sort of like a haunted house, except it is set outdoors in the woods. As an added bonus, the property is actually located on a street named "Cemetery Lane" and sits between two actual cemetery sites.Everything went as well as it could for a bunch of amateurs their first year LOL. The first year was really about deciding if we liked it and wanted to make it an annual attraction. We loved it. I joined this forum in hopes of gaining inspiration, ideas, and guidance from some of you guys that have been doing this for years. My imagination is pretty big, and my dad can build anything. Together we made some pretty cool stuff last year. But, I want to make all of our scenes/themes different every year. I am new to this business as an owner, but I have been going to these types of attractions since I was a kid. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 ·
The obviouse is a cemetary, set in such a way to get the view of one of.the existing cemetarys. Build a couple of ground breakers. Got to have the fog. Lights parts of your.path with Tiki torches. Make a closed in tunnel like path out a lot of sticks and branches and then hide something in there. Use motion sensing lights to keep the trail ahead dark until it needs to be seen.

There is just a few ideas.

#3 ·
We used the tiki torches last year, and I also had burn barrels at points in the trail so that my actors could warm up near their spots. I loved the fire light effect, but our trail is pretty long. We have a never ending supply of fire wood though, and 10.00 worth of fuel for the torches every weekend was totally worth it for the effect. We also used fog machines for our cemetery scene. The actual cemetery closest to the property is visible, but we didn't use it out of respect. We just built our own. But, I think this year I am going to make fog chillers for a couple of them. I think the low lying fog combined with the regular "in the air fog" will have a creepier effect. I loved the idea for the motion lights though, I didn't think about doing that! Last year I had actors in certain spots flick the lights on or off, the motion lights will save time & wear on my actors. I already had the tunnel idea in my head, just trying to figure out where to put it. Last year we did an awesome "Camp Crystal Lake" scene in one part. I made the old looking camp sign out of barn wood, mounted on 12 foot poles as you entered, just like the movie. We pulled in an old camper and an old trailer, set up the whole camp site scene, complete with log benches & a camp fire burning. It worked out great. My "Jason" popped out at random, sometimes out of the camper or trailer, sometimes behind some trees. Every part of the trail had various scenes set up from horror movies, as that was our theme. The Ring was first, followed by Halloween, a Cemetery Scene, Camp Crystal lake, Dr. Slaughter, then the clown from It at the end. We also had some werewolves scattered about at random and just creepy actors in masks. I want to keep Micheal Myers as a permanent character because so many people we afraid of him. However, I want to change all the rest, make it different every year. Any ideas for themes?

#4 · (Edited)
Shy of setting up tents for "rooms", and the amount of room you may have for storing props, I can see some issues coming with trying to change the whole theme from year to year. I'd be worried about the open flames too. Actors or guests getting burned, or starting a forrest fire just sounds like a lawsuit looking for a place to happen, not to mention the actual injuries or damage that may occur. Sorry, I don't mean to sound so depressing, but I know it's easy to get carried away when it comes to ideas.
What is the availability of power throughout your forrest/trail?
What kind of manpower/number of actors do you have?
What kind of budget do you have to work with?
What kind of storage space do you have for props and such?
What kind of skills do you and your builders have? (pneumatic, electronics, carpentry, airbrush, faux finishing, makeup, plumbing, welding, etc.)

#5 ·
Shy of setting up tents for "rooms", and the amount of room you may have for storing props, I can see some issues coming with trying to change the whole theme from year to year. I'd be worried about the open flames too. Actors or guests getting burned, or starting a forrest fire just sounds like a lawsuit looking for a place to happen, not to mention the actual injuries or damage that may occur. Sorry, I don't mean to sound so depressing, but I know it's easy*to get carried away when it comes to ideas.
What is the availability of power throughout your forrest/trail?
What kind of manpower/number of actors do you have?
What kind of budget do you have to work with?
What kind of storage space do you have for props and such?
What kind of skills do you and your builders have? (pneumatic, electronics, carpentry, airbrush, faux finishing, makeup, plumbing, welding, etc.)
Just piping in on fire safety.

Many pro haunts use live fire with great success.

Not sure if anyone know of these next suggestions as common sense or not. Part of my background is working for a place that holds a couple of outdoor festivals each year that are based around fire. This place glows at night with the amount of tiki torches and campfires. On Saturday night the make a bonfire that can be seen over treetops. Obviously those that work here have extensive training in fire safety. I was also of volunteer firefighter for a while as well.

These steps should be taken. Tiki torches should be well fastened to wooden stakes or rebar hammered far enough into the ground to from accidentaly falling.

Open camp fire like fires should not be accessable to the customer. A 5 gallon bucket of water should be at each location where a fire like this is used.

Always keep loose material away from the fire.

Do not burn if it is windy.

Actors in these areas should know how to put out a fire.

before we start discouraging poeple from doing something that they have already done and is excepted by some of the insurence companies that a lot of the pro haunts use. Some haunts would not be able to operate without the use.of things like Tiki torches. On my year off from haunting last year, I visited a very large haunt with multiple attractions spread accross a very large festival geound. One attraction was completely lit by tiki torches. In the main area between attractions they had small fires in metal fire pots for people to warm up at.

Enough ranting. There is my $.02

#6 ·
You seem to have several scenes that could be easily incorporated into a larger narrative. You have a cemetery already in sight, and "extending" it into your haunt has been suggested and is brilliant.

You asked for scenes you could include in your haunted wood. I have some thoughts on that.

Are the woods naturally scary? Why? I think because they are not tamed, they are not "smooth", and nature cares not one whit for us and our big brains. Stuff in the woods will eat us, and we cannot see it coming. It's not arranged for our convenience, and our hyperactive imaginations see all kinds of patterns in the trees and shadows.

I have a story in my mind. I wonder if you will see it too. Will the guests be self led or have a guide? I like the guide, though it is not necessary. With or without a guide, they should be told that whatever happens, keep moving down the trail. A groundskeeper has lived here for years in a small cottage on the trail, and they can go to him if they need help.

Fog is everywhere. Firelight illuminates the way. Our two guides - why are they armed? - lead the way. Or maybe they just tell us the way. Cowards.

1. Eyes.
I have a few thoughts about eyes. First, eyes watching you are generally creepy. You can make eyes that seem to follow the guests pretty easily and cheaply. Here's a LINK.
We see a set here and there at random along the trail, in bushes and even up in the trees.

Then a kind of "dot room" - maybe an actual room, but even better if it's an enclosure of woven sticks and vines. Of course, the dots would be eyes. They don't even have to be hollow face eyes - just glowing stickers with pupils. Be sure to vary the pupil types. Anyway, like any other dot room, an actor is camouflaged in the scene, and scares them.
Blinking glowing eyes like THESE watch at various points along the trail.
I saw a huge board once that had a thousand nails in it. On each hung a small reflective circle. The overall effect suggested water as stray winds made them move and reflect the light differently. Could something like that, on a smaller scale, make convincing eyes here and there? Maybe nailed to trees, or boards on trees, in pairs?

2. Off the trail over there is a ghost. We know it's a ghost because although it looks like a woman, we can see straight through her. Chicken Wire Ghost
Basically, it's a human figure made of chicken wire so you can see through it. My thought it it could be painted in glow in the dark paint and illuminated with a blacklight. That would be cool. If you light the rest of the scene with a red flood light, it will be clear that they are seeing through the figure. A strategically placed limb or something in front of the red light could cast a shadow on the form, preventing the red and UV from interfering with one another.

3. Axworthy ghost.
a specral shape zips in front of some trees and behind others, in and out of hidden UV LED mini spots. In case you need it, here's a LINK. OK, maybe two.

4. Werewolf. What would a haunted woods be without a werewolf? Or werebear, though I doubt you'd find many who would see enough to know the difference. Check this out - I just was directed to a LINK showing how to make a girl turn into a gorilla before their eyes. How easy to make it a woman into a werewolf? Maybe in her human form, she tells how 20 years ago tonight she lost her little girl to the horror of the woods? Maybe they were picnicking not far from here. Her husband had gone back to the car for a surprise. A beast attacked them and the girl ran into the woods while she - the mother - tried in vain to fight the beast. Where is she? Then she changes into a beast. The werewolf "Attacks"! How cool would it be if the werewolf was a played by a man much larger than the woman? Wearing strips of fabric like the woman had on, of course. How cool if she was one of two guides? Assuming they were there to begin with. Cowards. With the wolf behind, the only thing to do is move forward.

5. Birds. Dollar store crows can be painted different shades to create many different birds. Do they move? Depends on your budget. Sound effects, my friend.

6. FCG - Another old standby that I think would be even better in the woods. Here's one LINK, in case you are unfamiliar. So, why not expand the basic plan to make it a giant spider? Spiders live in the woods. A nest of spiders would be a creepy think to walk into on a trail. Sure, you can have a bunch of web and fakes spiders of all kinds, but a giant spider bobbing up and down and moving its legs individually? Yeah. A "Spider victim" prop is a classic. Can we just make out that the victim is dressed like the guides?

7. Levitating girl. If you have an actor who is willing to stand on a platform secured to a tree, you can make her levitate there. Just dress her in a white dress - except her white stockings and shoes are stuffed with pool noodles and are in front of her real legs - which are all in flat black. She should be clearly off the ground, and the white legs should extend below the platform. Everything should be flat black but the parts you want to appear to be part of her. UV helps here. She can bob a bit to help the illusion, and ask for help. She is lost and scared, and wants to find her mommy and daddy. they are lost, too.

A peppers Ghost could be used instead of an actor, though to really sell it, it needs to be triggered only when the guests get to the scene.

In my mind, she's dressed in an overly frilly dress, inappropriate for the woods. One half of her face is torn, as if by claws. She would turn that part away from the guests at first. Then she would turn to face them. I imagine her eyes getting wide, looking behind the guests, and she says "Mommy?" Then the werewolf roars and charges again! Unfortunately, the other guide never had a chance to draw a weapon before being killed. Find the groundskeeper! Assuming the guides came this far. Cowards.

8. Trees. Nothing scary about trees, right? They are everywhere, and pretty much succumb to whatever we wish to do to them. Not walking trees! Standing there, minding their own business until a bunch of guests stumble upon them unaware. Then they move, making horrific noises and bringing the woods to life! Of course, you could do other haunted trees throughout the haunt. I personally would save it for later though. THIS is what I would do earlier.

9. The grounds keeper. The cottage is not exactly what we expect. More of a shack - or even a shanty. skins nailed to the walls. Is that one human? Stains on the ground. An axe - not in a stump, but in the wall. claw marks on the rotting boards. The door bursts open, and there he is, chainsaw roaring! "Where is she!?!?!" he screams "Tell me!!!" Whoa. Let's get out of here!

10. Almost done. There are the lights marking the exit. A roar from the left. It's the werewolf, attacking! A roar from the right - it's a chainsaw! Run! Only as we flee do we realize the wolf and groundskeeper are battling each other. They crash into the dark, and all goes silent.

Time to go home.

I know there are all kinds of ideas out there for lighting and sound effects and whatnot. I refer you to Revenant and his Theater of the Mind segment on HauntCast, where he recommended a soundtrack that would allow even the blind to know what is happening in each scene.

None of these ideas are original to me, but I hope in presenting them here I have helped in some way.

#7 ·
we always use tiki torches but we replace the inside with fake flame candles. works great for the guest. We also make our costumes larger so the guest can be dressed warm and slide the costume over their coats etc. This year we will have triple the volunteers so my mind is racing with ideas. We are more into non-stop scares and setting the scare up rather than props etc. but this year we are adding lit up scenes as decoys to add more to the haunt.A lot of People couldn't make it through last year and I know the new location will be scarier than before. Just hope the weather is ok.

#9 ·
High praise, Bethene! I wonder why one could not build the transformation illusion in a tent or camper?

I would guess most of the other stuff would fit in in a campground too. Lost girl, groundskeeper, monster spiders and glowing eyes... Plus a little "Deliverance" scene near a fire.:eek:

#10 ·
I have not tried it but I saw it online. A small pit built into your path about 2 feet deep and covered with plexiglass make your TOT walk over it. Now all you do is add snakes, big spiders, raccoons, kittens, anything scary. Real or fake would work, leave air holes for live critters. Make it overly tuff with 4"x4" frame.
Good Luck

#14 ·
Personally, I think the woods at night at Halloween is scary enough. Use that as a starting point; I'd have strange and horrible creatures following guests around at points through out the trail, along with maybe having non-actors (ticket takers, etc) wear skull-makeup and white hooded robes with spooky runes painted on them in blood (gives it that "Satanic" feeling). The scenes on the trail don't have to be related themeaticaly, but I think a story line helps. Scenes I think would work well include Ed Gein-style cannibal house (avoid the cliche of chainsaws), graverobbery-in-progress, creepy devil-worshipping ceremony in the woods, witch's pumpkin patch, and long abandoned cemetery. Hope this helps. Just one more thing: you'll need a good, strong name for your haunt. Best of luck!

#22 ·
I am really liking that bottomless pit idea. But, the glass stuff, plexi glass or whatever, has to be SUPER thick...and it is very expensive. I was thinking that a pit full of skulls and bones would be cool though, with a light that would illuminate the pit from the bottom and filter through the bones. You could have your light flick on as you pass by it, maybe some screaming sound effects too. I could put an old rotting fence up along the front of the pit, to keep anyone from accidentally stepping in it. Maybe I could even add it into my cemetery scene, perhaps some mass grave that is unmarked?

#25 ·
Well, if you're going to do that, something popping up would be cool too! An actor or a prop.

BTW - just a note on plexiglass. It sure is expensive! I happened to find a piece in the desert that is a bit over 24" square and about 1" thick. It would support a lot of weight. Apparently some people will throw anything away. It is possible that some reclaimed building materials store will have a suitable piece. I would love to build a skull pit like you describe, in the path, covered with plexiglass and it lights up as people step on it. Then 2 seconds later, something gruesome and wet slams into the glass from below. HAHAHhahaha!

#23 ·
Wow, wow, wow! Great ideas. You mention a corn field. A few years ago I went to a haunt that had a corn field. They had several actors dressed and painted to look like stalks of corn with the head looking like an ear of corn. You did not even see them till they lunged out at you. That was my favorite part of that haunt. So wish I had a picture of it. Woods of course make me think Little Red Riding Hood and there has already been mentioned a wolf sooo double duty. Would it be possible to use maybe chicken wire (covered with burlap or something and dirt and grass) to make what would look like a cave to the side of a path. It could be full of bones, etc. and maybe even a critter or 2 eating on the bones. Oh I so love Halloween!!

#24 ·
the haunt in the woods intrigues me so, seeing as I have no woods of my own , I am living vicariously thru you, am enjoying this thread, and every ones suggestions, can not wait to see how it all pulls together!

#26 ·
We actually have a store here that deals in items like that, left over supplies or slightly damaged good ( dented paint cans, scratched or chipped glass, etc) I may just check in with them every now & then to see if they have any come through. Maybe they can take my name & phone number and call me if they get some. Even if it was scratched up or the edges were chipped it would still be fine for a bottomless pit idea. Your idea also made me think about our local glass shop, that also deals in plexiglass. They often have pieces that they will sell cheaper that are sort of like their "scraps" left over from bigger pieces they have cut. I did call them, and they said orders for that thickness are not common, but they do occasionally have them. They took down my number and said they would call if they had any discounted pieces suitable for what I needed. But, even if I don't come across any for this year, I am still going to do the pit of bones. Eventually I will come across a piece of plexiglass that thick, even if it takes me a while to find it :)

#28 ·
Maybe a "rickety" wood bridge that crosses over the pit of skulls, that way you don't have to have super thick plexiglass on top of the pit.
I just saw an advertisement in one of my local throwaway papers for someone selling off very large mirrors (8'x10') for $165 a piece. Something like that would do great for the bottom half of the bottomless pit, or for the same trick for an endless hallway or crypt.

#30 ·
Yeah - a bridge gives you the best of both - they are on top of it yet no plexiglass required.

I am pretty sure for mirrors, the mirrored film sold at auto stores would still be way cheaper. if there is no need for anyone to see through one side of the mirror, couldn't that film be applied to plywood?

Have you considered an actor as a grave digger? Dig out a grave shaped hole, about 6-12 inches deep. Put your actor in an old fashioned costume, keep the makeup creepy but not too outlandish. Give him a shovel. Your customers wander along and hear: SHIKT... ploff... SHIKT... ploff....SHIKT... ploff...

That would creep me out in a wood between two cemeteries. Have the actor basically ignore the customers; he has a job to do, and they don't matter. If questioned he might say "This one is for you, sir (ma'am). It will be nice and roomy, my finest work yet." SHIKT...ploff...SHIKT...ploff.

Perhaps a ghoul who digs and scrabbles in front of a large tombstone, eager and hungry. When spotted, he darts behind the tombstone and peeks over it. He could chase them if their reaction calls for it.

If you have an appropriate tree and the right actor, you could put a dummy on a fake noose and have the actor stay (safely) up in the tree and drop the hanging victim down when the time is right.

Maybe add a small pet cemetery, with little tombstones done in childish writing with pet names. I envision a ghostly little boy endlessly tossing a stick or bone at a dog's grave marker, each time sadly recovering the object and trying again, surely his best friend still wants to play?

Just a few ideas that came to me while reading about your haunt.
All those would be very cool, and if I may say so, would fit right in with the vision I had of the woods - though yours makes much better use of the cemeteries nearby. The pet cemetery seems especially unique to me.

#29 ·
I didn't read every single sentence posted thus far, so forgive me if I dig up previously exhumed corpses.

Have you considered an actor as a grave digger? Dig out a grave shaped hole, about 6-12 inches deep. Put your actor in an old fashioned costume, keep the makeup creepy but not too outlandish. Give him a shovel. Your customers wander along and hear: SHIKT... ploff... SHIKT... ploff....SHIKT... ploff...

That would creep me out in a wood between two cemeteries. Have the actor basically ignore the customers; he has a job to do, and they don't matter. If questioned he might say "This one is for you, sir (ma'am). It will be nice and roomy, my finest work yet." SHIKT...ploff...SHIKT...ploff.

Perhaps a ghoul who digs and scrabbles in front of a large tombstone, eager and hungry. When spotted, he darts behind the tombstone and peeks over it. He could chase them if their reaction calls for it.

Clown funeral. A marker stone with some clownish name on it, like "Here Lies Boffo" One or two clowns stand over it, from behind they look like fairly normal mourners, but when costumers get close, they turn and regard them in full, disturbing clown face.

If you have an appropriate tree and the right actor, you could put a dummy on a fake noose and have the actor stay (safely) up in the tree and drop the hanging victim down when the time is right.

Maybe add a small pet cemetery, with little tombstones done in childish writing with pet names. I envision a ghostly little boy endlessly tossing a stick or bone at a dog's grave marker, each time sadly recovering the object and trying again, surely his best friend still wants to play?

Just a few ideas that came to me while reading about your haunt.

#31 ·
Mylar film is not cheap, so you need to look at the cost of the base material and the Mylar.
Mylar is reflective, but not as reflective as a true mirror, and it would show all of the wood texture, for better or for worse, and unless you have it firmly mounted to the glass, wood, etc., it would get snagged and torn in a hurry. With some care, glass is remarkably durable. If you are going for the bottomless pit of skulls, keep in mind that for that effect to work, that the viewer's side of the two way mirror needs to be darker than the space between the standard mirror and the reflective side of the two way mirror.

#32 ·
OOOHHHH fontgeek, I love love love the bridge idea!!!!!! I already have an abundance of lumber and ( drum roll ) MIRRORS!!!! Because I restore antiques, I am forever needing to replace the mirrors on things like dressers and vanities. The best way to get the glass is to buy mirrors at garage sales and auctions, where I find them for dirt cheap. I buy all sizes, and when I need to replace a mirror, I just take the frame along with the glass out of one of the mirrors I bought to the local glass shop and have it cut to size. So, I have all kinds of mirrors here I can use! Hooray!! :)

#33 ·
Johnmonster, I love the idea of the little boy tossing the stick! But, it is so cold down in the woods after dark at that time of the year here, I don't think a child could stand it. We dress in layers and have fires and such, but it still gets very cold when you are out there in it the entire night. It was all I could do to stand it myself by the end of the season. By midnight we could all see our breath that last night, it was freezing! But, maybe the child's dog is buried there, and there is a child's voice calling his dog as we walk by the cemetery. Then maybe the sound of a dog whimpering....then maybe the sound of something attacking the dog...the dog fighting back...but loosing in the end.

#34 ·
That sounds great. I didn't think about temperature (probably because at my haunt we are sweating all season). The idea of a story told with sounds is really good. At my haunt, we don't have the luxury of using subtle sound because it's indoors and sort of jam packed; any sounds meant to convey atmosphere or tell a tale have to be louder than the ambient racket.

#35 ·
If you want to go the carnivore route (werewolves, etc.), how about having one actor who's basically buried or below ground except for their head, with a fake body above ground that's being devoured by the carnivore, to the point where the top half of the body is severed from the bottom half, the "body" should be dressed like one of the guests. The "victim" can also have the upper chest and arms and shoulders exposed so that they can wave their arms around while they are screaming or gurgling up blood. The crowd comes upon the scene with the carnivore with their back to the crowd, on all fours noshing away on the victim, it's not 'til it turns on the crowd that the people really see what it's doing to the victim, by then the carnivore is growling or something and coming towards the crowd as others of the same type of creature come out from the woods behind the crowd. There should be plenty of "blood" on the face, arms, and hands of the dining carnivore. Be it zombie, werewolf, or some other monster, the same kind of terror works on most people. Like a good roller
coaster it's the feeling of being vulnerable and in danger, while also knowing at the back of their mind that the aren't really going to be eaten. Well, probably not.
You can have other bodies in various states, all with the heads removed to help tie in your skull pit to the story line or tale.

#36 ·
Fontgeek, I don't know if I will do a carnivore, but that is a good idea for the scene if I do! The story line includes the family that dies here in various ways inflicted by the "evil" in the woods. This also includes their dog. I was thinking more in the line of walking by cemetery, the tour guide stopping to illuminating the dogs marker with their lantern. The tour guide would then say something to the effect of " It is said if you listen closely, you can hear the voice of the boy calling to his dog, trying to save it from the evil waiting in these woods." Then the tour guide would walk a few steps as if leading on to the next scene. Someone would then start the audio of the boy calling, the dog being ripped apart, etc. But then what? This dog has been dead for years and years, the boys as well. It is a replay of voices from beyond the grave. It seems you must have something jump out or scare about the time the recording would end. What would it be? Perhaps this would be the opportunity to work in the bridge over the skull pit? Have the group on it as the recording ends, only to have the bridge light up under their feet, revealing the massive burial pit & then the audio of massive screaming from the poor souls.

#37 ·
Jess, I don't think an atmospheric moment, like the recording would be, has to pay off with an immediate startle. A startle should follow it, but not necessarily right on its heels. Sometimes a creepy, unnerving gimmick should stand on its own and then smoothly segue into a "scare their pants off and send them running" moment. I'm guessing you know about the Startle-Atmosphere-Startle-Atmosphere formula many use.

If the dog/boy audio gimmick comes right after a big scare, it'll give them a chance to catch their breath before you nail them again. Fifteen or twenty seconds worth of walking distance to the next startle can be enough. You can tie the next scare into the dog/boy audio or make it something like the bridge scenario you mentioned. You'll figure out the perfect timing once you get it set up- then you'll see the customers, in their glorious chaos, wreck your careful timing.

#38 ·
As Johnmonster poined out, you don't have to have someone jump out and yell boo at someone for a good scare, often times it's the suggestion of what's going on that does more for the scare. If you have stereo speakers setup, one on each side of the trail, you could do the boy's voice in one, then the dog screaming in the other a moment later. Pointing the speakers away from the hikers helps hide the location of the speaker. We've shown lots of complex spider webs with spiders in them and then hung black or dark threads down into the range of peoples faces a little later to great effect. The suggestion of the spiders made by the earlier scene made people start thinking of the webs. The hanging threads kind of pushed them over the edge. It was the suggestion of possibilities that made the scare, not actual spiders jumping out at them.

If you had a stereo doing the boy and dog that could be switched by remote control, it could be triggered by the guide. With the remote set at a standard spot where each guide would stop to tell the story, they could each press the play button when they got to the spot. With a short CD or MP3 player just having and playing the one bit, it would mean that each time someone hit play, it would do it's thing and then stop, which is just what you need for that effect. Glowing pairs of red eyes in the dark don't hurt the effect either. They can show up all through the haunt. That kind of effect can make the people feel like they are being stalked by something(s).

#39 ·
johnmonster & fontgeek, you are right. Last year we had a long stretch of trail that was dimly lit with snarled branches tangled over head. It was made that way by mother nature. It gave an almost perfect tunnel effect. The anticipation of what was coming down the tunnel, or lurking in the dark of the tunnel, had people screaming if a leaf blew in front of them LOL. So, I think you are right, there does not need to be an immediate scare after. Fontgeek, I LOVE THE SPEAKER IDEA! What's even better is the remote idea! I actually already have one CD player with a remote. I can buy another cheap CD player with a remote, hook up my speakers, set them up on opposite sides and presto! Ohhhh, this just gets better and better, I am loving it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.