Haunt Forum banner

LED spotlights

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  jaege 
#1 ·
Anyone building LED spotlights this year?
Any good plans out there?

Krough

#2 ·
I've built some weatherproof ones I'm testing. They're pretty good so far. The reds and greens are awesome, but the orange one I made leaves a little to be desired in the line of intensity.

If they survive a rainstorm or two, I'll be posting the how-to for them and the power supply I built (that elimintates the need for batteries and is also weatherproof).

#5 ·
Here are the ones I built this year. I knew there was a project I forgot to post lol...

these are the high intensity (5v) and they are in 1 1/4 inch pipe, (to fit the 9volt). that's a cap, 2 90degree elbows, and some pipe between them.
Thanks to zombie-F for getting me started with resisters. thanks to my friend koumajutsu for the pipe idea.

#7 ·
Black Cat and I spent the evening last night soldering together the lights for both the Castle facade, and the cemetery. I'm still intending to reduce the use of AC lighting wherever possible. I'll be wiring mine for 12v, and using a small rechargeable storage battery to power them all. The LEDs came with free resistors for 12v, and if you know of anyone who uses an electric trolling motor for their boat, those batteries have enough power to run all the LEDs in a haunt for nights on end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.