Haunt Forum banner

2012 $20 Prop Challenge Discussion

30K views 214 replies 49 participants last post by  Cat_Bones 
#1 ·
This is the thread for all discussion concerning the "2012 $20 Prop Challenge: Christmas Corruption."

Please refer to this thread for the official rules.

This is the second year in which we are requiring a theme for the props to be entered. Please see the rules thread for details on the theme.

Everyone be completely aware that winners from the previous challenge (2011 $20 Prop Challenge) are not eligible to win prizes in the current challenge. You may still enter, but your entry will not be in the running for a prize.

Feel free to ask questions, make comments and by all means... talk amongst yourselves. :D

#14 ·
Arg, I have no Christmas props at all (no kids, with a cat.) Just lights, ornaments and a couple wreaths. That "something more than just Christmas lights" part is tripping me up!

Guess I go to Goodwill and nose around, but doubt even they have anything out.

#19 ·
I'll allow that provided you can show me pictures of what it originally looked like and pics of what it looks like presently. If you don't have any pics of it in its original state, try and find some online somewhere.

so does this mean I can use 3 deer motors and those would be considered free? Thanks a ton for all of your hard work on this contest!
I'll have to amend the rules, but the answer to this is yes and no. You can use the motors and they're free, but I'd like to see this contest be more than just a "what can I scavenge out of old junk" project. You can use the motors but I'd also have to say at least one of the deer frames will need to be incorporated into the prop as well.

#20 ·
I like the sound of this. Here is a question.

Is a christmas item considered a full size christmas tree that is prelit. I mean I have a tree with 900 lights on it and another with none. Doesn't seem like that would be fair. As well, how about a wreath that is all decked out with ornaments/stuff compared to a plain wreath. Technically it came that way but it still has lots of stuff on it. Just curious how that factors in.

#33 ·
I think the point is to make something that is Halloween at heart but slightly Christmas at the same time. Wouldn't make much sense to create a hell hound by reworking the frame and not have it be Christmas like at all. Then it is just another prop build with 3 freebies.

Come on people, stop trying to bend the rules and make a cross between Christmas and Halloween.

That is all :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.