Haunt Forum banner

Unstructured Thoughts - What Are You Thinking Now?

3M views 57K replies 408 participants last post by  RedonitoR 
#1 ·
Please read before deciding there's no reason for you to post a reply.

I really don't post as much at message boards as I used to. And there's a reason for that. I get distracted, very easily. I'm just the kind of person with thoughts that often aren't structured. They just happen. For instance, if I'm worried about something, I usually don't want to discuss it but I'd like to just state it. Black and white, clear as crystal, once and have done with it. Unless of course someone else could or has been able to relate to that thought and wants to add to it. I don't want to start a dozen short posts about abstract thoughts just because when I have them I want to discuss them very much. It would be more sensible to, in a sense, have a graveyard for them where I could bury them as they arise.

This simply would eliminate worthless topics which no one would reply to and there's no worry about this topic getting off-topic because that's how it starts. It's not about establishing a pattern of off-topic topics. But for instance... I'm getting a headache right now, so I'd like to elaborate more on this post later on. But I wanted to try and create a post for random thoughts anyone were to have. In case the person having them really felt like sharing them.

I don't have one right now, but I could spill my guts about a lot of little things to other people that mean something to me.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Sounds perfect. I never participated in the Weekly Thread. Now I'm thinking I should have at least checked it out. But I've been at several forums which had the same thing. Only if I were to post something, it would be something that either bummed me out or something I was really excited about. This is hardly my Seinfeld idea. In case no one was interested in what I was saying they would have the warning of knowing everything that was coming in the post by the subject heading or first short paragraph.

For instance, this one ends with a question, though not poll material.

I had an experience this afternoon where I was spending time with a distant friend. And everytime we're together, it's all about what she wants to listen to. I suggested listening to a few things she liked in the time we've spent together over the past few months. Now I realize full-well why she and I are this distant, she's selfish as all hell. It's all about what she finds weird, we can't watch it. What she says "she don't know", she doesn't want to hear. Ever. Well, that narrows the field of what we might listen to or watch while we're together, so I never return her phone calls. I visit often, though I realize I should do less of that.

Does anyone find themselves in a relationship where they feel this much like getting out?

#4 ·
Not really the same as yours Doc, but along a similar vein.
I was friends with this one kid from about 4th grade through the end of high school. Figure 8 years or so. That's a pretty long time to know someone at that point in your life. And it got to the point where we had literally done just about every thing we could do. I mean we hung out almost every day.
In high school I started hanging out with other kids. By the time we graduated I was doing more with them than with my other friend. Because I was doing new things, with new people.
It got to the point with my old friend, where he didn't WANT to try anything new, or even do any of the old things we used to do, and have fun with.
We just kinda stopped hanging out after a while.
I don't know. I feel bad about it, but what can you do? People just move apart .

#5 ·
I've been there too Thingit.

I had a friend (Raxl will know exactly who he is) who I hung out with from about the 7th grade up until around the time I was about 22 or so. We used to do alot together, but he fell into this pattern of only wanting to do a few different things and if you didn't want to do those things with him, he wouldn't bother with you. He was also terribly selfish to a point where he'd come over, eat all your snacks, drink your soda, etc and then just leave.

He turned into a real user. Only wanting to be around if he needed something from you. Eventually, I just stopped calling him. I used to hear from him every now and again whenever he needed something, but because I wouldn't help him out any more, he just kind of stopped calling.

I think he finally got the point when my brother bumped into him after my wedding and told him I was married. Realizing he wasn't invited to the wedding must have sent some kind of a message to him about how the friendship was looked at by me now.

#6 ·
i have one friend that I met in kindergarten and we are still friends, but other than her friends come and go. i had a very good friend all through high school and a little after. we were very close but people grow apart. she chose to do what she wanted to in life and i chose to do my thing and they did not mesh together. so we stopped hangin. i do not feel i lost a friend, if she called me in need i would be there for her but i would not call her up and ask her to go out. i think it happens to everyone as you get older and grow as a person.

#7 ·
When I was in second grade, I became friends with someone .. and over the years we became best friends and were inseperable. Our senior year in highschool she started dating this guy who didn't care for me and she started spending less and less time with me. Life does that, I do understand. Over the summer after graduation my mom became really sick and needed a kidney transplant. I had just lost my brother the year before, and this was a difficult thing. Luckily my aunt was a match, and she had a succesful transplant. Over the next year we still didnt talk much, I tried calling, emailing, and so on .. but she was always too busy. I had a baby boy, and I almost died .. she still couldn't pull herself away from her guy to be there for me. Though I was hurt, being who I am I still was there for her when he cheated on her and broke her heart. When my mom passed away from cancer and she still kept her distance, that was the last straw for me. We still talk very occasionally, but things will never be the same. Life makes you grow up .. and sometimes it opens your eyes to how people really are. That's just how it goes :rolleyes:

#8 · (Edited)
7:18 thought, one I have whenever I'm on a horror/Halloween board (are there others? Maybe a Halloween dot com or something...?)

I love pop music. Good pop music touches your soul. Sure a lot of it is synthetic, overpolished, shallow. And that brings down it's reputation. But I love good pop music. I sing to it, I dance to it, I've loved it since I was a kid. I know it's not exactly chiq for horror fans to like anything but rock music. But I love pop, among other kinds of music horror fans don't exactly gravitate toward. I usually listen to music that touches me anyway, music I can connect to emotionally, a sound I can really unwind to. Something that can really help melt the tension in me. Something I can scream my soul to.

#9 ·
Got Ripped Off of $14 Bucks Today...

Can you believe this ****? I went to my local town Pizza Place and ordered: Pizza, Grinder, and enough orders of chicken fingers to feed 5 people. Taking a look at the chicken fingers, these things are burnt almost completely black. Called the place up and explained that these things are uneatable, after tasting one, all you taste is the burn. Well I didn't call up, my gal pal did. She says if we go there tomorrow when they open, we should be able to get our money back. I told her we should really save some of the chicken to show them we're not ******* around. No guarantee whoever burnt them in the first place is still working tomorrow. She fed it all to the dogs. Poor damn dogs! If you stripped the actual chicken meat, you would have some decently spicy chicken meat. Which the dogs would go nuts for. But the crisp on the outside is thick, too thick to salvage anything of it.

#10 · (Edited)
I got the money back for those chicken fingers.

Right now, I hate film-talk dot com. First of all, those people are SO BORING! Second, the moderators are freaks. One guy has a ranking level upon how close a person is to getting banned from the site and I'm up to 67%, it's called the Warn Meter. Yet the funny thing is, NOBODY ******* WARNED ME before it first notched up to 33%. Then suddenly I get suspended for a whole ******* week and nobody told me why. When the week was up and I finally was able to actually view the forum, one of the moderators sent me a private message telling me I used the word "church" and that that automatically gets you a one-week suspension... CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ****?!!! There was absolutely NO mention of that anywhere in the Official Rules. Now, the other moderator I butted heads with asked me a question. When I gave him a long and VERY INTELLIGENT answer, the fact that I actually knew what I was talking about rubbed him the wrong way and he closes the thread. Which of course now makes it impossible for me to say publically that I think he's a big baby and that I'm so sorry I outsmarted him. And everyone at that board keeps claiming that I'm insulting and condescending them when they have no idea what I'm saying. They won't even try and ask. They are basically trying to make it look as though I'm starting trouble to whatever moderator has the power to suspend me again.

#11 ·
My rambling for the day .. I wish that my future family by marriage wasnt acting so childish. My dad and future step mom went to pick up some of her things and the little bastards JUMPED my dad!! Dad had to go to police station and fill out report, and there wedding is tomorrow. Comes down to the fact that there free ride is over and they are actually going to have to go out and get a job and make a living. Hope they don't show up tomorrow .. could be more trouble :(

#12 ·
Who's getting married tomorrow, SuFi?

#13 ·
I just had the **** scared out of me by Amazon.com. I get all my stuff by ordering through their Merchant-zShop sellers. I was on their site and all of a sudden every item's Used & New section was gone. But it's back now. So I can go on breathing like normal people.

#15 ·
Yeah, moving sucks. I've done it four times in the past decade. Unpacking is the worst. You start doing it, then your motivation just kind of fizzles out and stuff stays packed away until you absolutely need it, at which point you don't even remember what box it's in.

We moved here almost four years ago and there's stuff still packed away in boxes in the attic.

#17 ·
Why is it that some months seem much longer than others? With the exception of a day here and there taken off, this really isn't true. Is it me, or does it seem like July has dragged on for about a month and a half? I hate summer anyway, but dammit all, we're finally at the end here. We still have August, and in some arenas September could also be called a summer month as a full two-thirds is dedicated to that hostile season. Autumn can't get here quick enough.

#18 ·
There are a few reasons why JULY has really dragged on for me. One is that I've had two pets get really sick. One of them died on the 5th of July due to intestinal problems, and now I've got one with some kind of eating disorder - he's so skinny and boney that he has no energy left. He'll probably die by week's end.

Then of course there are all the special DVDs I'm waiting for. Dario Argento's Trauma, Cemetery Man, The Fly: Collector's Edition, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer: 20th Anniversary Edition, The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane, Cat People, Roseanne: Complete First Season, and Without You I'm Nothing. I'm also DYING for updated news on the status of Image's announced special edition of Mario Bava's Twitch of the Death Nerve, which seems to have bit the dust but I'm really hoping has not.

#19 ·
Sorry to hear about your pet woes, Thingit; I know how I would feel if my Persian were to get sick and die. He's like one of the family, and it would devastate me. :(

As for DVD releases I am waiting for, it seems that they're dragging their feet to a point that i think they'll never be released. A Subspecies box set was promised a few years back and so far, zippo. I would even be happy with the individual DVD's to be put out, but I'm not holding my breathe. I think that From Beyond was supposed to be released later this year, but I don't know when that's going to be. Heard about it at the beginning of this year and have heard nothing else. Night of the Demons 2 and The Drew Carey Show why haven't they been released to DVD yet? It's time for some of these studios to get moving and start releasing this stuff to the general public.

#20 ·
Yeah, MGM is supposed to release From Beyond and Dolls this year, in semi-special editions. The Howling II release was delayed from '04 but that should be out in September, with last year's promised The Lady in White. The one I'm waiting for is After Midnight (which has one hell of an ugly cover). I'm a sucker for anthologies.