Haunt Forum banner

Lily got REFRESHED!

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Jack Mac 
#1 ·
:jol:Hey Peeps! Lily, my FCG, who has faithfully haunted my house for 14 years, just looked tired and run down when I got her out of the garage this year. The RIT-ted cheesecloth had lost it's glow and even though I spritzed her with RIT-ted water....she just looked tired and run down. So...I stripped her bare, and re-draped her with new, RIT-ted cheesecloth. It was one more thing I didn't have the time to do, but I'm so glad now, that I did. I actually got the chance to "black out" her wire frame when she was stripped, which had bothered me for years. In certain light you could see the metal shine through the cheesecloth, which I think bothered Lily as well as myself.:googly: So here she is, newly whitened and as lovely as ever!
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m545/pumpkin513/Lily2014_zps8e007f1f.mp4

#2 ·
She looks beautiful! Love the movement and yes, you really can't see the framework now. I've never had a FCG in our haunt and I keep telling myself I really need to get one made. So simple, but I just keep putting it off. I'd want it to be like yours!

#4 ·
:jol:Thanks guys! I used the directions from Iron Kingdom and it was easy-peasy and she turned out...well...you know....sort of ghostly.:D
I have the directions saved in a word document, if you need it, PM me. I like the sheer quality rather than the styro head.

#11 ·
Lily huh? Well never named a ghost before, but I think it works for her! Maybe it's the ghost of Lily Munster and that's why you named her that. But the name clicks! It looks brand new, like you just built it. Another fine job, from the world of Pumpkin 5! Way to go Jana!

#12 ·
:jol:Thank you all so much for the kind words. She's always the most popular character at my house at Halloween. Actually Randy, Liky has a story, and I didn't name her, she whispered her name in my ear.;) As a mortal, she was Lily Styron, the beloved wife of a seafaring man, Captain Willis G. Styron. Captain Willis was a fisherman and every time he left for a long trip, he'd tell Lily to watch the horizon for his boat, and that he would always come home to her. Willis adored young Lily and he built a big house for her, with a walk at the top. And when Lily missed her husband, she would walk around the balcony and stare at the sea, begging the waters to return her Willis home to her, and every time he did return. On his last fateful trip, Lily was overcome with a dark foreboding, and try as he might, Willis could not brush her worry away. His last words to her were on the dock as he held her close, he said you're ever mine Miss Lily, until the end of time. As is typical on the eastern shore in the Fall, a hurricane blew in out of the tropics, and as Willis was on his way home to Lily, the hurricane hit their boat, sunk it, and every man was lost at sea. When word reached Lily, of the terrible tragedy, she refused to believe it, knowing in her heart that Willis always kept his word to her. She spent the rest of her young life, walking the widow's walk, looking out to sea for her one, true love, and some say she died of a broken heart. She came to live with me 14 years ago and has never left. :)

#15 ·
She looks great P5! I love the movement you achieved on her. I always wanted to make a FCG but have been putting it off. If it's not a problem, would you be able to forward me the directions on how to make one. please?;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.