Haunt Forum banner

Unstructured Thoughts - What Are You Thinking Now?

3M views 57K replies 408 participants last post by  RedonitoR 
#1 ·
Please read before deciding there's no reason for you to post a reply.

I really don't post as much at message boards as I used to. And there's a reason for that. I get distracted, very easily. I'm just the kind of person with thoughts that often aren't structured. They just happen. For instance, if I'm worried about something, I usually don't want to discuss it but I'd like to just state it. Black and white, clear as crystal, once and have done with it. Unless of course someone else could or has been able to relate to that thought and wants to add to it. I don't want to start a dozen short posts about abstract thoughts just because when I have them I want to discuss them very much. It would be more sensible to, in a sense, have a graveyard for them where I could bury them as they arise.

This simply would eliminate worthless topics which no one would reply to and there's no worry about this topic getting off-topic because that's how it starts. It's not about establishing a pattern of off-topic topics. But for instance... I'm getting a headache right now, so I'd like to elaborate more on this post later on. But I wanted to try and create a post for random thoughts anyone were to have. In case the person having them really felt like sharing them.

I don't have one right now, but I could spill my guts about a lot of little things to other people that mean something to me.

See less See more
#37,061 ·
:jol:Copchick, those pictures are beautiful. I love a cemetary in the snow. And too bad for "Officer No-Drive"....walking will maybe hone his senses which can only help his driving later.....:p

Scareme, that is so sad about the house that blew up...I feel bad for that lady and her lost cat. (do you think it died?):(

Spooky, be glad you have Roxy, there is nothing as wonderful as being taken care of when you feel bad. You are lucky....sick :(....but still very fortunate.

Zurgh, I don't know how the small ones managed to sneak into your house.... are you leaving candy out on the counter again? You know, if one of them smells it, they signal to the other ones to come....:D

#37,062 ·
I think they got in through the ventilation system... or, perhaps it was the unguarded side entrance... they are all asleep, I think... should I make a run for it? Might be able to cross the compound & get to the last escape pod...

Or do you think I should make a break for the labs & see if the Q-Space portal generator is still working?

Maybe to the motor pool? Perchance, there may be a working vehicle left?

Wish me luck...:eek::ninja::googly::D

#37,063 ·
Zurgh, it's to late to plan an escape. By law, now you have to feed them. I know after the vast quantities they ate last night, especially sugar, you would think they couldn't eat any more. But they can. And they will be hungry upon awaking from their slumber pods. So start preparing food substances, or they will never leave. Good luck.

Pumpkin5, I'm afraid the cat is dead too. A lot of pets in the area, where the windows and doors were blown out, ran for it. Poor things, I'm sure they could smell the gas and fire, and the loud explosion and all the sirens. They were scared, and just took off. People were looking for their pets all night.

#37,064 ·
Made it across the compound in time to see Mongo take the last escape pod... Mongo, you're fired!

Got as far as the outer gate... where did all these wolves come from? Can't go this way... besides, its cold out there...

Motor pool was a bust... working vehicles, but no fule.

Looks like it's ether try the labs, or the front door... think I'll shoot for the labs... never used the front door before...

Drat, I think you're right, scareme... it's too late for escape, now.
I'll open the bay doors to the pudding vats, perhaps that will buy me enough time...

#37,067 ·
I guess Officer "Walker" did a good job stopping just short of the tree and tombstones! Is that the cemetery they used in "Striking Distance"? Looks kinda familiar, but I haven't seen that movie in a long time...
Not sure, I'm going to have to research that. That's the first I've been in the cemetery myself, it's so small that I've driven past it many times not knowing it was there. It's in the district I work. I did check out some stones, some are very old. I'm definately going back to check them out more when the weather is much warmer! That wind was wicked up there.

Funny note - the officer called off work today. Little does he know that he can run, but he can't hide. He will have much torment by his co-workers and he hasn't escaped our "discussion" about his mishap. Plus paperwork, his and mine. His year is not beginning well on my shift. Poor kid, he is a good guy, just a bone head thing. But $hit happens, we're all human. :) This is where his thick skin will come in handy.

Good news is we got the car checked at the garage and NOTHING is wrong with it. Whooo hooo! Only a scratched plastic strip near the rear tire that scraped a stone when they were pulling it out.

#37,068 ·
So today at work, one of my officers called me and said that he was driving up a hill in a cemetery at 1030 a.m., and because of the snow and ice he lost traction and his police car went down over a hill and he was stuck in the snow. Did I mention he was in the cemetery?! Miraculously he didn't barrel roll the car, he didn't get hurt, the brand new car didn't get hurt and not one tombstone was injured. It took two tow trucks, four men, and four hours to get it up the hill. Guess who's walking a beat tomorrow?

Check out the beautiful city skyline as the back drop!

His path of destruction...

The long way back up to the top. Check out the steepness.

There's a police car in those pics? All I see is the cemetery. LOL! Great pics Copchick and a story your officer will never live down.

#37,069 ·
The pudding vats did buy enough time... to make tons of pancakes. That slowed them down enough to escape via Q-space to Mapleworld... Only my pets Ruby the dragon & Pie made it out with me...

#37,072 ·
Why is it that, when you need to change the oil in your car, "tomorrow" always seems like a better day to do it? It doesn't take me but 15 minutes to change it. Sometimes I'm such a slacker.

#37,073 ·
Took the Christmas tree down today. It has been up since the first weekend of December but stopped taking water a little over a week ago. It was DRY! The house is now void of Christmas decor and it seems empty but clean and neat again. Now the winter doldrums set in.

#37,074 ·
Took the Christmas tree down today. It has been up since the first weekend of December but stopped taking water a little over a week ago. It was DRY! The house is now void of Christmas decor and it seems empty but clean and neat again. Now the winter doldrums set in.
:jol:Take heart Jdubbya....Halloween is less than 300 days away now!!!:D

#37,075 ·
:jol:Take heart Jdubbya....Halloween is less than 300 days away now!!!:D
I know! Winter is a good time to work on some projects and I'll be starting on a couple in the next week or so. Got word that our Marine son will be coming home in February! His time in Washington is done and he is being reassigned to Camp LeJeune. He'll have a 30 day leave and will be bringing his girlfriend home with him to meet us and spend a few days. He then flies to L.A. with her to meet her parents. She'll then go back to WA, and he'll come back home for a few weeks before going to LeJeune. It will be great to see him again, and at least he is back in the Eastern part of the country again, not so far away. :)

#37,076 ·
I still have my (fake) tree up and also my outside lights. Am I the only one who doesn't take my lights down until little Christmas? (the Epiphany, January6th). All my neighbors put their lights up a week before Thanksgiving and take them down sometimes before New Years. I tend to put them up a couple of weeks before Christmas and take them down after January 6th. Just wondering if I'm the only one.

#37,078 ·
I still have my (fake) tree up and also my outside lights. Am I the only one who doesn't take my lights down until little Christmas? (the Epiphany, January6th). All my neighbors put their lights up a week before Thanksgiving and take them down sometimes before New Years. I tend to put them up a couple of weeks before Christmas and take them down after January 6th. Just wondering if I'm the only one.
Our outside lights are still up and we normally leave them up through most of January. A lot of our neighbors have shut theirs down. Since we have red and white outdoor lights, Mrs. dubs is thinking we should use them through Valentine's Day.:rolleyes:

...My atest unfinished prop
Very cool!

#37,079 ·
The cats & wife actually escaped before me... I was too distracted fighting off the kids with pancakes to realize they took off...

Took a nap under that sign... lulled to sleep by the moans of the ****** zombies below, that and the geysers of stun gas that erupt in that part of El Nath...

Everyone made it back to base this afternoon... the 'other' kids went home. Sanity has returned to Casa De Zurgh... well you know what I mean...

RoxyB, could you change the oil in my car, too? I can wait till' tomorrow...

debbie5, admitted guilt to sledpassing in the first degree... Don't worry, Pie & I will help you escape custody.:eek::googly::D