These are the rules for the contest. As time progresses, these rules may be ammended to answer any questions or alleviate any concerns that arise during the course of this contest.
Please read all of these rules carefully and post any questions or concerns you may have to this thread
and it will be addressed.
- One entry per person.
- An entrant MUST have at least 30 posts on the forums by March 31st. That means you new people must be active on the forums between now and then to be qualified to enter.
- Banned members are not eligible to enter.
- Entrants MUST post a new thread in this forum. The new thread must contain the details of your prop and a picture of it as well (link okay).
- The deadline for the entry is March 31st, 2006. Your entry must appear here before the end of the day on March 31st.
- Details must include a summary of how the prop was made and a list of supplies used. How-to's are welcome.
- The list of supplies must specify the cost of each item, and the cost must total $20 or less (or "close enough").
- Supply prices must be reasonable - Using that Bucky skeleton that someone sold you for $3 isn't fair, but if you found some scrap lumber in a dumpster you can claim that as free. Use your head and some common sense here.
- Expendable items such as glue and spray foam can be pro-rated.
- Shipping costs to obtain materials shall not be included in your total cost to build. Feel free to obtain stuff from eBay or online vendors and only count the cost of the item towards the total.
- All new threads (entries) in this forum will be moderated by Zombie-F before appearing. This is to ensure only valid contest entries make it into the contest.
- On April 1st, a poll will be created and a 10 day period of voting will take place. The winner will receive the prize listed below. Two runners up will receive T-shirts.
- All participants in the contest must not vote for their own entry. Vote for someone else's item as a courtesy, and to avoid a multi-way tie.
- All votes will have their ip addresses checked. If a user appears to be registering numerous accounts to spike the vote, they will be disqualified.
The grand prize will go to the winner with the most votes at the end of the voting period. The grand prize is a Talking Through Boris Skull
and is being furnished by the fine folks at The Frighteners Entertainment
. For an image of the prize, please go here
The first runner-up will receive their choice of any Unpleasant Street clothing from the Unpleasant Street Shop
for his/her contribution.
The second runner-up will receive a Frighteners Entertainment T-Shirt for his/her efforts.
Now, start your engines and let the madness begin!