HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > General Discussions > Horror
Forgot Password?

Notices

Horror What would Halloween be without horror? Post your thoughts on movies, books, TV shows, and other mediums of "The Genre" here.

Old 11-26-2010
Lunatic

Liked 7 times in 6 posts

I really like this series. It gives what no 2 hour Zombie movie can: An in depth view of character development. The FX are awesome, probably due in part by the consulting producer Greg Nicotero.

As far as the Zombie smell thing I figure the whole area infested with them probably smells everywhere, and one can be desensitized to smells rather easily, but even if not, I forgive this minor lack of reality since it contributes to the suspense. Anyways, who can identify with smells through a visual medium like TV anyway? Is someone getting smell-O-vision and noticed the lack of rotten flesh odors? I have seen some mouth and nose coverings in some scenes in the series, but in a genre like this I would get annoyed pretty quickly by seeing every cast member covering their mouth and noses through every piece of duologue anyways, so who cares if the smells aren't reacted to in every zombie scene?
I don't.

It's a TV show, I like it, and I accept the reactions and "reality" of it just like any form of fiction, whether it represents them in accurate perfection or not. It's a good story that counts, and this one has it in spades.

I applaud AMC for producing this. This series ROCKS!

Old 11-27-2010
Terrible Peril

Liked 29 times in 12 posts

I'm liking the story and the characters pretty much, and I like the setting (except the director is really pushing the southern stereotype a bit too far)..........but

I think what bothers me most is the zombies....

Unlike the zombies in "28 days" who could attack faster than a hungry Cheetah, the "walkers " are slow movers.

I don't mind that the are slow and dumb...that's OK. What gets me is that the are also slow attackers. So the living should be more able to get the hell out of the way.

Just like the 1950's "MUMMY". I mean that mummy had to drag one leg along, and moved about 10' in 5 minutes. If the the MUMMY could catch you, you deserved to die.

Also it seems to me that the direction and editing during the walker attacks is clumsy. It's kinda like the living have to stand there and pose for the walkers to get a good bite on them.

The other thing that bothers me is the huge difference in the walker make-up. Some walkers have awesome detailed make-up effects, others look like the standard Halloween night going to a party at someone's house make-up.

Considering the large number of walkers that the show uses, I know that it would be hard to make every walker's make-up perfect. It just seems to me that the effects people could even the look out a bit more.
Old 11-29-2010
Lunatic

Liked 82 times in 47 posts

So still no sign of Merle. The blonde who capped her reanimated sister was unexpected. Seems they're thinning out the characters a bit to make room for some new folks. I'm thinking the CDC scientist is a whacko and going to be a problem. Also wondering when you see the heavy artillery, military vehicles, 50 cals, etc why no one has tried to use them. The machine guns are ready to go. The preview for the last episode indicates they explain more about the plague, so maybe they'll tie up some loose ends.
How about the abused wife mashing her dead husbands brains with the pick axe!! Hell hath no fury!
Old 11-29-2010
Panic time is here!

Liked 7 times in 6 posts

Yeah...the CDC guy was about to blow out his brains so I am guessing he is slightly unstable.

The finale is way too soon...I want more!
Old 11-30-2010
Pumpkin Hill Gravekeeper

Liked 20 times in 6 posts

I think CDC guy is going to infect someone so he has more samples to study.

In 28 days, they were not zombies. They were people infected by a rabies-like plague, still alive. They did not eat people or lust for "brains". In this genre they are the dead that have reanimated. I guess rabies makes you fast and death makes you slow.
Old 11-30-2010
El Diablo Blanco

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

this is the best show on tv that I have seen I know people who have no love for horror movies or anything horror related that are hooked on this show ...great work AMC finally I have a channel worth watching
Old 01-06-2011
Master of Scaremonies

Liked 14 times in 8 posts

If anybody wants to get the first season on DVD or Blu-Ray, it will be released on March 8th. Check out all the details and specs in the link.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/417...d-walking-dead
Old 01-06-2011
Right hand of Roxy

Liked 39 times in 18 posts

I still have a couple of episodes on my DVR I need to watch.
Old 02-11-2011
Master of Scaremonies

Liked 14 times in 8 posts

McFarlane is releasing two lines of action figures this fall - one based on the series, and the other on the comic book. Check out the info.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=30778
Old 02-11-2011
Totally Gargoylicious

Liked 105 times in 39 posts

"Each zombie figure features unique, gory, play action such as exploding heads and removable limbs. Figures are expected to sell for around $14.99 at retailers nationwide."

Man, where else could you get an exploding head for only $14.99?

The picture they had of a figure looked good.