HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > Halloween Discussions > Costumes and Makeup
Forgot Password?

Notices

Costumes and Makeup The place to discuss Halloween costumes, makeup and anything else related to masquerading about on the big night.

Old 07-27-2011
I'm bringing sexy back

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Here is an article regarding the mask -

LOS ANGELES -- A $20,000 bidding war broke out on Ebay on Wednesday, with buyers apparently desperate to get their hands on a latex mask of Casey Anthony.

Anthony walked free from a Florida jail earlier in July after being acquitted of charges that she murdered her two-year-old daughter Caylee, in a trial that captured America's attention.

The Ebay seller claims the mask -- described as "a significant piece of crime history" -- was sculpted to precision for a parody video by a pop artist and sculptor named Torro, and was one of only nine in existence.

The description stated, "Halloween is only a few months away. Forget Freddy, Jason, Meyers, here's your chance to scare the *#&% out of everyone and win every costume contest with this amazing Tot Mom latex rubber mask, possibly the most frightening mask on the planet."

The seller -- named "Prophunter" with a 100 percent record -- said it was, "One of the best Halloween masks I've ever seen."

"This one is in excellent condition and it is numbered 6 of 9," the owner added, "I kept one for myself because I know these will be priceless. A significant piece of crime history. No matter what your opinion of the trial is, this is still one heck of a conversation piece."

The bidding started modestly but by Wednesday morning the price exceeded $20,000, although most of the larger bids appear to have been placed by one bidder.

Other items up for auction on the site Wednesday included Casey Anthony trial tickets, newspapers, T-shirts, and a trial DVD set.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/27...#ixzz1TKt5OQZm
Old 07-27-2011
Fearless

Liked 3 times in 3 posts

Seriously, WHY would ANYONE pay for anything that has to do with this woman? Even though she was not found guilty, I think most people are pretty sure of what she did. I equate it to somebody murdering one of my kids and then some guy making a latex mask of the killer for some jacka$$ to pay $25k to parade around at some party wearing the likeness of the person that killed my kid. It's sick that someone would pay that kind of money OR to dress up as her. I'm not for censorship or anything, let the guy make the masks, it's his right. What bothers me is that someone wants to dress up as her bad enough to pay $25-30k to look like her. It doesn't sit right with me. Sorry if I got off topic, I just had to say my piece.
Old 07-27-2011
Fearless

Liked 8 times in 3 posts

OK, that whole auction has just entered the realm of crack-smoking fantasy. $999,900.??,with a next bid of 1m? Seriously, looks like a publicity gag now, if not, we have a few mask pros here that could really hit it big with the right sculpt!
Old 07-27-2011
Master of Scaremonies

Liked 14 times in 8 posts

I'm not a smart man, but methinks they're fake bids...
Old 07-27-2011
Fearless

Liked 8 times in 3 posts

Agreed, it past the fake mark about 20 minutes after bidding started. Would make a great mask for an electric chair build though.
Old 07-27-2011
Fearless

Liked 3 times in 3 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Thunder View Post
I'm not a smart man, but methinks they're fake bids...
They have to be. Anyone who would pay $25k for a mask of a child killer really has something wrong with them
Old 07-29-2011
Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty

Liked 22 times in 6 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Green View Post
OK, that whole auction has just entered the realm of crack-smoking fantasy. $999,900.??,with a next bid of 1m? Seriously, looks like a publicity gag now, if not, we have a few mask pros here that could really hit it big with the right sculpt!
I saw this pointed out on the TV news today. Apparently, they believe the bid to be valid. I had my doubts after it passed a couple grand. I'll bet different versions of her become very popular this season.

(Funny thing - I have a friend who looks like her twin. When I first saw the news images on Anthony, I did a serious double take. For her safety, I hope she's dyed her hair or something.)
Old 07-29-2011
Frightener

Liked 4 times in 2 posts

And I was just about to go to sleep... *shivers*
Old 08-15-2011
Uneasy

Liked 17 times in 6 posts

For that money you could get CA herself to show up, not that you would want to.

There's good old fashion scare and haunt but this is horrifying insanity.
Old 09-07-2011
Uneasy

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

That would be a great costume if you added a noose around the neck, a large gapping bullet hole in the forehead, a nice syringe full of some lethal injection hanging from the arm, all wrapped up in a nice coffin made out of the trunk of a white Pontiac Sunfire... Wow did I just say all that outloud? ummm eerrrrr just kiddin'