The Unpleasant Street Blood Drive
You can help inject some life into these forums and try to win a prize while doing it! There will be three prizes up for grabs here, all of which are LED products I will be offering for sale sometime in the near future.
- First Prize: One set of four LED Spotlights (one of each color) AND an LED-lit Prop Hurricane Lantern (choice of red, green, orange or UV LED). Approximate $45 value.
- Second Prize: An LED-lit Prop Hurricane Lantern (choice of red, green, orange or UV LED). Approximate $15 value.
- Third Prize: One LED Spotlight in your choice of color (red, green, orange, or UV) Approximate $7 value.
Ok, here's what you gotta do:
We're looking to add more members to this forum, hopefully gaining us more ACTIVE members to participate in discussions leading up to the end of the 2005 Halloween season (and beyond). We need you to pimp yourselves out for us. The person with the most referrals for new members wins, second most referrals gets prize number 2, and the third most gets prize number 3.
To get referrals, you must have a new person register for the forums and in the field labelled "Referrer" the new member must enter your exact
user name into the field provided.
Only ACTIVE members are eligible to win. An active member is defined herein as a member who has posted at least 10 times during the course of the contest. This is to help promote forum activity and prevent inactive members from winning the prizes.
Furthermore, all NEW members being referred by existing members are also eligible to enter and win. The new member must also be an ACTIVE member (with at least 10 posts during the course of the contest) to be eligible for prizes.
To prevent cheating, ip addresses of all new referrals will be checked against the ip addresses of all existing members. Duplicates will automatically exclude the offending member(s) from the contest.
The contest officially starts today (August 13, 2005) and runs until Midnight on September 1st 2005.
- E-mail your friends and ask them to join (remember to tell them your exact username).
- Post about this on other forums you belong to, but only if they have a place for links and/or public announcements.
- Try to avoid spamming newsgroups and any forum that does not have a place for links or announcements. We are not looking to incite cross-forum warfare.
- Perhaps you are still friendly with a member of the former Badass Universe Forums who didn't migrate over here. Try letting them know about what's going on. Old faces are awlays welcome faces.
Good luck everyone, and stay tuned to this thread for all updates to the contest. Post all questions in reply to this thread and they will be publicly answered for all to see.
As of Midnight September 1, 2005
Forbidden Crypts: 3
Black Cat: 1