ok. my shunken head is nothing more than paper mache and hot glue. I made a head shape out of tape and paper then conected it to a paper tube. bult up shape of head with mache and then used hot glue to form the nose/bridge and forhead. I built up a line of hot glue on each side for the closed eyelid. and raised the cheack bones up a bit with more hot glue. I then blended it all down with more mache and then two coats of snot rag mache to give it that leather look. I gave the heads two coats of wood stain. Then in true shrunken head form I rubed it down with some charcoal. The hair eye lashes is hot glued hair from the fall I cut up for the hair on the head. For the hair I used a fall cut out the hair tied it in the center and pushed it into a couple of holes in the top of the head and hot glued into place.
What sells this prop is the extra stuff.
Print all this stuff out and cut and past it to a black back ground and place in a frame.
To shrink a head......
1. Remove the skull from the head: Make an incision on the back of the neck and proceeded to remove all the skin and flesh from the cranium.
2. Sew the eyelids shut and hold the mouth together with splinters.
3. Turn skin inside out and remove fat from the flesh of the head.
4. Boil flesh in water for an hour to an hour and a half. This will reduce head by half its size.
5. Place hot rocks and sand, in head while molding the head to retain its human feature.
6. Run a hot blade over the lips to shrink and seal them.
7. sew lips shut.
The process to reduce the size of the heads was accompanied by a ritual, which culminated with la Fiesta de la Victoria (Spanish for "victory party") celebrated by the entire community.